Thursday, September 27, 2007

Thing 11: Library Thing

Library Thing is my favorite "Thing" so far. Easy to use, and I could see lots of uses for it. Creating an account, and starting to build my "library" was a fun exercise. The idea that each book you add connects you with other people who've added the same book is very interesting to me- how tools like Library Thing connect people and make the world so much smaller. I could also see small libraries finding Library Thing to be a great resource for their cataloging information.

While some of the "Things" I've learned about in "23 Things" are interesting, I may never use them again, but as a librarian, cataloger, reader, and book-lover, I'm sure to revisit Library Thing, and here's the url for my fledgling "library":

http://www.librarything.com/catalog/lifelongcataloger (catalog)

No comments: